10 wrz 2010

Don't think twice girl, it's alright

So I am kind of in the middle of second month in London. I have been on 10 shoots (1 on film), wrote distinctive emails as job application

(Dear xx,
I can recognize XML from BNC with my closed, I will be an amazing runner!

Dear oo,
Take me because I had enough of working with DP's who does not know how to run their own personal camera)

and some times I just got lucky. I made some friends (camera assistants, DIT's, DP's, Directors..), started to listen to better music and limited the Bob Dylan's allowance, shot PANJABI VIDEO... and I know oh I know how long the turban takes to make and put on... Met some Panjabi music stars too (just came back from Heathrow mate, yeah, big show yesterday, in't?) and vistited all areas of Harrow and beyond (for some reason I have been more often on Uxbridge road during last 3 weeks than on Hackney Road, where I practically live).

I applied to work in McDonalds (and cancel, just too much against it, against the extra fat food and horrible company politics), and more posh fast foods, dozens of bars, production companies and rental houses.

Nada. Silence.
Tell me why, I am an absolute gem in terms of hard work, lack of complaining and love for cables.

I also got a job this sunday in Brighton, so I am going to the C side. Maybe I will buy some B-side if they pay me. Or I will get an A side and a job at Take 2.

I caught myself talking to god, first time since 10 years, and asking for help. I caught myself singing out loud and dancing in the rain. I found myself not asking anymore questions of if what I am shooting makes sense, if there is a purpose in shooting the videos for corporates and directors who repeat other directors constantly... if there is a sense in shooting commercials of hand bags and dancing trees. No looking back.

This is my London Life. ;)

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz