21 sie 2010

21st of august, saturday, 2010

2 days ago I cam back from Berlin. We stayed at this DP's flat, and he was coming from a set every day with a smile. Shooting a crime series on film, he watched his rushes with 1 day delay and I could not help myself thinking how convenient compare to our student projects, where you need to wait from 5 days to 5 weeks to get your rushes back from soho and technicolor. Berlin was windy but still greeted us with open arms, streets full of bikes and colours, yellow bar light, inter-hamburger and Kastanienalle. I bought disposable camera for 3 euros. Probably will stick some picks later!
We had fruit breakfast on marble table, probably the fanciest i have ever had, and look they serve it till 17 afternoon! those people know how to use life :)
coming back i felt uncertain. the house still full of cardboard boxes, because we cannot find a shelf, the atmosphere of not knowing the future. but our window is amazing, with the leaves growing around, beautifully green, and hope cam down, when after entire day of applying for paid jobs i woke up yesterday because of the phone call. Hello this is "px". Interview soon. Interview for working in the best rental house in UK.

I am going to grab my electricity&grip book and memorize it again. refresh my knowledge about the phases. i really really want this job...

------- the 2nd unit stories

well since i was recently on the wedding in poland, coming back through berlin, we did not met with Se, 2nd unit director, to shoot, for 1 week. But there are already dozens of stories about us - how I decided to ride on his scooter, and closed my eyes on every turn (mileage 20-30 per hour ;). How we talked with the guys from Alperton and they posed for us and gave us cheesy tasting corn. How I woke up at 4 on the morning to come on top of Primrose hill for the sunrise shot, but trying to get a short cut to Old Street I ended up near Bethnal Green, and arrived after 2:30 minutes, just to miss the sunrise, looking at Se freezing on a bench doing time lapse of moving clouds and panorama of London, trying not to care about some drunk couple on a bench next to hours, which was more than funny with the Brazilian guy who did not speak much English and the Irish girl who spoke more than anyone I know, apart from my one Polish auntie.

Today we are on Brick Lane. Graffiti, White Chapel market and the Wimbledon's location later on. I am waiting for a phone call.

In a meantime I imagine myself going through the interview and explaining why do I enjoy working with cables so much, without looking as a psycho. :)

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz